The Russian Child of the Universe social fund, whose main objective is to support special children, has chosen annual film festivals as one of the means of achieving its goals. The first Child of the Universe Film Festival took place on 25 September 2012 in Moscow. During the festival, the audience had a chance to see films about autistic children, children with Down syndrome, children with special needs and to get acquainted with the inner worlds of those children.
The following films, programs and commercials are eligible for submission:
- Documentary and narrative feature films completed on or after 1 January 2013, with a running time of up to 26 minutes;
- Social commercials completed on or after 1 January 2013, with a running time of up to 5 minutes;
- Television programs released on or after 1 February 2013, with a running time of up to 26 minutes;
- Television programs released on or after 1 March 2013 with a running time of up to 5 minutes.
The submitted films, programs and commercials will compete for the awards in the following categories:
Documentary feature films:
- "Devotion" - profession as a service to people;
- "The world through the eyes of a child" - a film made by children (under 18 years old)
- "For the contribution to the solution of the problems of childhood";
- "Names" - famous and previously unknown people who exhibited amazing human abilities.
Narrative feature films:
- "The world and me " – the film about the world of a child.
- "Help" - the best television program on childhood problems;
- "I am a genius" - the best television program about children's creativity and achievements;
- "Knowledge" - the best educational program for children.
- "The best commercial about childhood problems".
√ Films and television programs can compete in several categories.
√ Three works will be selected in each category.
√ Winners will be selected by a secret ballot of the jury.
To participate in the Festival the Applicant is required to:
Submit all films, programs and commercials on a single DVD (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL) to the following address: 3-21 Pomerantsev pereulok, 119034 Moscow- Russia or upload them to the Internet and send the relevant link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit films, programs and commercials in English provided with on-screen Russian or French subtitles.
Acknowledge that he or she has obtained consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers and/or other authorized representatives of the film, program or commercial whose consent is required to submit the film, program or commercial.
√ Each film, program or commercial requires a separate submission form.
√ The number of the films, programs or commercials that can be submitted is not limited.
√ The following technical requirements apply to any films, programs and commercials to be submitted:
- Video: MPEG-4 (*.mp4)
- Format: Н.264, 1920 х 1080, 1280 х 720, 720 x 576 pixels (Actual),
AAC Audio 44100 Hz 16 Bit, Stereo (L R)
- FPS: 25 frames per second
- Bit Rate: 2-8 Mbit/s.
*Any further information regarding the Festival will be available later.